- Middletown (Amtrak station)
Middletown Station statistics Address Union and Mill Streets
Coordinates Coordinates: Lines Connections CAT: 7 Platforms 1 side platform Tracks 2 Parking Yes Baggage check No Other information Opened 1990 Code MID Owned by Amtrak Traffic Passengers (2010) 64,354 10.1% Services Preceding station Amtrak Following stationTerminus Keystone Servicetoward New York City
Middletown Station is an Amtrak railroad station on the Keystone Corridor in Middletown, Dauphin County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The station is served by Amtrak's Keystone Service between New York City and Harrisburg.
Services and facilities
The Middletown station is located on Mill Street, off of Pennsylvania Route 441 (South Union Street). In addition to being used by residents of Middletown, the station is also popular with commuters heading to Harrisburg and Philadelphia who utilize its free parking. It sees twenty-three arrivals by the Keystone Service on weekdays—twelve from New York Penn Station and eleven from Harrisburg. Only eight trains New York on Saturday and seven on Sunday; one fewer trains serve station coming from Harrisburg. The station is 10 miles (16 km) east of Harrisburg, 94 miles (151 km) west of 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, and 185 miles (298 km) from New York. In 2010, the station saw a ridership of 65,354 passengers, an increase of 10.1 percent from 2009.
The station consists of only a platform and a shelter. As the Middletown station is unstaffed, all tickets from the station need to be pre-paid, or purchased from a conductor onboard the train. Capital Area Transit's Route 7 transit bus pass near the station on Union Street between Middletown, Harrisburg International Airport, and downtown Harrisburg.
There are plans to relocate the train station from its current location to a location adjacent to Harrisburg International Airport (HIA) along PA Route 230, roughly 1.5 miles west of Middletown. This relocation may occur in anticipation of the proposed Amtrak/CAT CorridorOne station that is to be built next to the airport. The HIA Railroad Station will be close enough to the airport that only movable and conventional walkways will be needed for access between the airport and the railroad station. Passenger parking will be provided in a lot across from Rt. 230, near an existing shopping plaza.
- ^ Miller, Barbara (October 31, 2010). "Train riders await decision on Middletown Amtrak station". The Patriot-News (Harrisburg). http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/10/train_riders_await_decision_on.html. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- ^ a b "Keystone Service" (PDF). Amtrak. March 14, 2011. http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1249230437611&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment;filename=Amtrak_W10_web.pdf. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- ^ "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2010, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. http://www.amtrak.com/pdf/factsheets/PENNSYLVANIA10.pdf. Retrieved September 5, 2011.
- ^ "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2009, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2009. http://www.amtrak.com/pdf/factsheets/PENNSYLVANIA09.pdf. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- ^ "Middletown, PA (MID)". Amtrak. http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=MID. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- ^ "Route 7: Middletown" (PDF). Capital Area Transit. September 6, 2011. http://www.cattransit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Route-7-Middletown-2011.09.06.pdf. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
Railroads in the Susquehanna Valley Intercity passenger rail Passenger rail services Intercity train stationsHarrisburg Transportation Center • Middletown train station Freight rail Major freight rail lines Rail yardsEnola Yard • Harrisburg Yard • Rutherford Yard
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Meriden (Amtrak station) — Meriden Southbound Springfield Shuttle at Meriden, CT Station statistics Address 60 State Street … Wikipedia
Old Saybrook (Amtrak station) — Old Saybrook Station statistics Address 455 Boston Post Road … Wikipedia
List of Amtrak station codes — These are the three letter codes used by Amtrak to indicate station locations. These are not the same as the List of IATA indexed train stations or the three character IATA airport codes.Note that this list is in order by code, there is also a… … Wikipedia
Middletown Township, New Jersey — Township Map of Middletown Township in Monmouth County. Inset (left): Monmouth County highlighted within New Jersey … Wikipedia
Middletown and Hummelstown Railroad — Reporting mark MIDH Locale Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Dates of operation 1976– Track gauge 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) ( … Wikipedia
Middletown and New Jersey Railroad — Reporting mark MNJ Locale Middletown, New York Track gauge 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) (standard gauge), formerly 6 foot broad gauge The Middletown and New Jersey … Wikipedia
Middletown Area Transit — #3004 at the Middletown Bus Terminal. Slogan … Wikipedia
Middletown and New Jersey Railway — Infobox SG rail railroad name=Middletown New Jersey Railway logo filename= logo size= old gauge=6 foot broad gauge marks= locale=Middletown, New York start year= end year= hq city= The Middletown New Jersey Railroad is one of two railroads in the … Wikipedia
List of Amtrak stations — This is a list of station locations used by Amtrak in order by station name. Each station is also identified by a three letter code. These codes are not the same as the list of IATA indexed train stations or the three character IATA airport codes … Wikipedia
Liste Des Gares D'Amtrak — Voici une liste des gares utilisées par Amtrak, par ordre alphabétique. Chaque station est aussi identifiée par un code de trois lettres. Ces codes ne sont pas les mêmes que la Liste des codes AITA des gares ou le code Code AITA des aéroports de… … Wikipédia en Français