A dace is any of a number of species of small fish. The unmodified name is usually a reference to the Common Dace (Leuciscus leuciscus). This, like most fishes called "daces", belongs to the family Cyprinidae, mostly in subfamily Leuciscinae.
Daces in the Cyprinidae:
- Chinese Mud Carp, Cirrhinus chinensis (called "dace" in Hong Kong)
- Columbia River Dace, Ptychocheilus oregonensis (a pikeminnow)
- Desert Dace, Eremichthys acros (a monotypic genus)
- European daces, genus Leuciscus
- Fallfish, Semotilus corporalis (a creek chub called "dace" in Canada)
- Horned Dace, Semotilus atromaculatus (a creek chub)
- Korean Splendid Dace, Coreoleuciscus splendidus (a monotypic genus)
- Lake Candidus Dace, Candidia barbatus (a ttmlmonotypic genus)
- Mexican daces, genus Evarra
- Moapa Dace, Moapa coriacea (a monotypic genus)
- Northwest Dace, Mylocheilus caurinus (a peamouth)
- Pearl Dace, Margariscus margarita (a monotypic genus)
- Ponto-Caspian daces, genus Petroleuciscus
- Redbelly daces, genus Phoxinus
- Redside daces, genus Clinostomus, e.g.
- Relict Dace, Relictus solitarius (a monotypic genus)
- Riffle daces, genus Rhinichthys (including Tiaroga)
- Saskatchewan Dace, Platygobio gracilis (a flathead chub)
- Shining Dace, Semotilus corporalis (a creek chub)
- Spikedace, Meda fulgida (a monotypic genus)
- Spinedaces, genus Lepidomeda
Daces not in Cyprinidae
- Sea dace, the European seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax) of the Moronidae
- Vendace (disambiguation)
- USS Dace, two different US Navy submarines named after (unspecified) daces
- Chub (disambiguation)
- Roach (fish)
- Shiner (fish)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.