- Twin Cities FM
name = Twin Cities FM
erp = 500 W
frequency = 89.7
City of Joondalup& City of Wanneroo
format = Community interest
slogan = "The People The Music"
website = [http://www.twincitiesfm.com.au http://www.twincitiesfm.com.au]
Twin Cities FM (call sign: 6TCR) is a community radio station, broadcasting in
Perth, Western Australia. Their studios are presently located in grounds Edith Cowan University in Joondalup.
89.7 commenced broadcasting on the 16th of November 2001, it was granted a permanent community broadcasting licence in 2002. As with many community based radio stations in Australia, Twin Cities FM plays a wide range of music, and supports local WA artists. Twin Cities FM regularly broadcasts from local events in the Wanneroo/Joondalup region. The station is member managed and offers a subscription program to encourage members from the local communities served by the station to offer financial support and to be part of the decision making processes, by election t various committees and boards.
89.7 moved it's opertation to ECU Joondalup in May 2008, Then returned to regular broadcasting in July 2008.
This station, as with around 95% of Australia's community radio stations is a member of the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia.
* 6.am - 9am - Breakfast Show: Various announcers, Monday to Friday.
* 9am - 12pm - Morning Show: Various Presenters,Local current affairs.
* 12pm - 3pm - Afternoon Show: Various presenters, Local issues,current events.
* 3pm - 6pm - Drive: Various announcers Music,news and traffic reports.
* 6pm - 12am - Nightshift: The best in nighttime radio.
89.7 FM Broadcasts from a nominal site in High Road, Wanneroo sharing transmission facilities with 6IX's FM signal. It's ERP is 500W which covers the Northern suburbs of Perth, however the station has just been approved of a transmission increase to 1KW which should make it clearer across the whole North and parts of the South. Meanwhile Twin Cities FM can be heard as far south as Fremantle and east to Kalamunda. During an inversion it has been reported to be heard from as far north as Jurien Bay from a moving car.
* Mondayitis: Humour, News Discussion and a Hot Music Mix
* Western.Oz: Our WA Music Program feat LIVE AT THE OZ
* The RT Show: Like your indie and dance, this the show for you.
* TNT: The most insane pop music show you'll ever hear.
* Anarchy On Air: Punk, Emo and Hardcore Program
* Western.Oz: Friday Nights: Our 2nd WA Music Show
* WA Top 10: Counting down the hottest Western Australian Tunes of the week.
* The Bust Out: Party Music for your Friday Night.
* Live from The Dusk Lounge: 897 broadcasts live from The Dusk Lounge in Joondalup.
* Talking Sports: Colin and Richo discuss the week in sports
* WAAFL Show: WA Amateur Football's Radio Home
* Geoff's Chat Show: Social Discussion and Interviews with people from the community
* Concert Hall: Classic Music
* Revival: Christian Music Show
* Euro Gold: Music from Europe
* Caledonian Connection: Scottish Special Program
* Real Gold: 50, 60s Music Show.
* Top Shelf Music: A True Music Lovers Dream
* The Laughing Lounge: Comedy and Indie Music
* Play the Blues: 897's Blues Program
* Soultime: Soul Music Program
* [http://www.twincitiesfm.com.au/ 89.7's website]
* [http://www.cbaa.org.au/ CBAA - Community Broadcasting Association of Australia]
* [http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD//pc=PC_90189 ACMA Community Broadcasting Licensing]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Twin cities — (engl. für „Zwillingsstädte“) steht für: die Metropolregion der Twin Cities, siehe Metropolregion Minneapolis Saint Paul ein Entwicklungs und Marketingkonzept der Städte Wien und Bratislava, siehe Twin City eine Stadt in den Vereinigten Staaten,… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Twin Cities — Twin Cit|ies the Twin Cities the cities of ↑Minneapolis and ↑St Paul, in the US state of Minnesota … Dictionary of contemporary English
Twin Cities — name for Minneapolis & St. Paul, Minn … English World dictionary
Twin Cities — Karte Minneapolis St. Paul St. Cloud (Combined Statistical Area) Einwohner: 3.502.891 Countys in Minnesota … Deutsch Wikipedia
Twin Cities — noun nickname for Saint Paul and Minneapolis • Instance Hypernyms: ↑urban area, ↑populated area • Part Holonyms: ↑Minnesota, ↑Gopher State, ↑North Star State, ↑MN • Member Meronyms … Useful english dictionary
Twin Cities — Twin′ Cit′ies n. pl. geg the cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis … From formal English to slang
Twin Cities — geographical name the cities of Minneapolis & St. Paul, Minnesota … New Collegiate Dictionary
Twin Cities — the cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. * * * … Universalium
Twin Cities — Bristol on the Tennessee– Virginia border; Central Falls and Pawtucket, Rhode Island; Champaign and Urbana, Illinois; Minneapolis and St Paul, Minnesota; Texarkana on the Arkansas– Texas border; Winston Salem, North Carolina … Eponyms, nicknames, and geographical games
Twin Cities hip hop — is hip hop or rap music that originates from the Twin Cities metropolitan area in the U.S. state of Minnesota. Contents 1 History 1.1 Pre 1996 1.2 1996 present 2 Style … Wikipedia