- Latus (game)
Latus (formerly known as "Yet Something Else") is a game that has been announced to be in production by
Cyan Worlds. The game has reportedly been in production for quite some time, but so far (as of March 2008), very little information has been revealed.
Information Based on Interview with Rand Miller
* It will not be part of the
Mystseries, but its own independent game.
* Unlike Myst, it will have a
* It will have interactive 3-D environments
Information Based on Trademark
Cyan filed for a patent for the title Latus. This patent provides a lot of insight into what Cyan could be creating. Some key points from the patent are:
* Latus will be presented as a series of online interactive television and movie games
* There will be several movie games
* The patent calls the movies "audiovisual", perhaps indicating that this will be a game with dialogue.
A later patent also revealed that the game plans to use
real timeonline gameplay as well as gameplay through LAN.
* On December 14, 2006, both patents for both the game Latus and the merchandise, namesake and other marketable goods were abandoned.
Speculation on the Title
There has been lots of speculation on how the name Latus will relate to the game. This depends a lot on how Latus is defined
* In English, latus means the flesh between your bottom rib and your hip
* In Latin, Latus could mean:
** "having been brought"
Hindi, "Latu" means lightor lightbulb
Speculation on Latus.net
* [http://www.latus.net Latus.net] has been purchased by Rand Miller.
* For a while, the site redirected to [http://www.millerbits.com/ millerbits.com] , a website owned by Cyan Worlds. The site had the title "
Posole", a type of soup. This could be related to the game because posole has lots of little bits mixed together.
MYSTcommunityhas a [http://www.mystcommunity.com/board/index.php?showforum=96 subforum about Latus]
* [http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=l3gjjd.2.1 US Patent and Trademark Office]
* [http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=suvara.2.2 US Patent and Trademark Office]
* [http://whois.domaintools.com/latus.net WhoIs Latus.net]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Latus — can refer to: * Latus (game) * Latus (anatomy) … Wikipedia
Cyan Worlds — Cyan Worlds, Inc. Type Privately held company Industry Video games Founded 1987 Founder(s) … Wikipedia
Hunslet Hawks — Hawk Club information Full name Hunslet Hawks Rugby League Football Club Website www.hunslethawksrl.co.uk … Wikipedia
2008–09 Dinamo Riga season — NHLTeamSeason Season=2008–09 Team=Dinamo Riga (current) Conference= ConferenceRank= Division=Kharlamov division DivisionRank=TBD Record=TBD HomeRecord=TBD RoadRecord= TBD GoalsFor= TBD GoalsAgainst= TBD GeneralManager= Normunds Sējējs Coach=… … Wikipedia
Clint Newton — (right) and Ryan Hoffman celebrating after a win in 2007. Personal information Nickname Newty, Bert … Wikipedia
Chris Melling — For the pool player, see Chris Melling (pool player). Chris Melling Personal information Full name Christopher Melling … Wikipedia
Matt Cook (rugby) — Matt Cook Personal information Full name Matthew Cook Nickname Cookie … Wikipedia
Chinese mitten crab — Scientific classification Kingdom: Animalia Phylum … Wikipedia
Chionoecetes — bairdi … Wikipedia
Carangidae — Taxobox name = Jacks, pompanos, horse mackerels and scads image width = 240px image caption = Malabar trevally, Carangoides malabaricus regnum = Animalia phylum = Chordata classis = Actinopterygii ordo = Perciformes familia = Carangidae… … Wikipedia