- Chloë Annett
Chloë Annett Born Chloë Victoria Annett
25 July 1971
Years active 1972 - present
Chloë Victoria Annett (born 25 July 1971) is an English actress, best known for her role in series 7 and 8 of the British sitcom Red Dwarf.
Early life and family
Annett was born and grew up in East Finchley in London, where she attended Mountview Theatre School. Originally she was going to attend an Art School but she went along with one of her friends who had an audition and got in. She claims that her parents were supportive of her career change and really encouraged her.
Her father is director Paul Annett, who has directed a large number of episodes of the British soap opera, EastEnders. Annett's father also directed some episodes of a children's drama series Byker Grove, some of which Annett appeared in. Her brother, Jamie Annett has also directed EastEnders. Her mother is actress and voice expert Margo Annett, author of An Actor's Guide to Auditions and Interviews, who works closely with Thelma Holt and the Cameron Mackintosh foundation. She has been married to Alec McKinlay, the manager for the pop group Oasis, since 1996.
Annett has spent time in America where she had a part in Danielle Steel's Jewels (1992) (TV) - a TV mini series. Back in Britain most of her roles were "bit parts", although she played the starring role of Holly Turner in Crime Traveller (1997) alongside Michael French, who played Jeff Slade. In the early 1990s she played the part of Stiffy Byng, and, in one episode, that of Gertrude Winkworth, in Granada's series Jeeves and Wooster, based on the novels of P.G. Wodehouse.
Annett remains best known for taking over the role as Kristine Kochanski in the seventh and eighth series of the British science fiction comedy television series Red Dwarf, a role which she reprised in the final part of the 2009 special, Red Dwarf: Back to Earth.
- 2010: Leila as Leila
- 2009: Red Dwarf: Back to Earth as Herself/Kristine Kochanski
- 2004: Comedy Connections: Red Dwarf as Herself
- 2004: Casualty: Passions and Convictions as Linda Roles
- 2002: Doctors: Stealing Booty as Joanna Hepworth
- 2000: The Asylum as Rose
- 2000: Pasty Faces as Lena
- 2000: Kiss Me Kate: The Party as Sam
- 1999: Red Dwarf VIII as Kristine Kochanski
- 1998: Can't Smeg Won't Smeg as Kristine Kochanski
- 1998: Universe Challenge as Herself
- 1997: Red Dwarf VII as Kristine Kochanski
- 1997: Crime Traveller as Holly Turner
- 1997: Space Cadets: Vulcans vs. Klingons as Herself
- 1996: Cadfael: The Devil's Novice as Rosanna
- 1994: Byker Grove as Janey
- 1993: Yamada ga machi ni yatte kita [aka How to Speak Japanese] as Mary Fitzgibbon
- 1992: Jewels [aka Danielle Steel's Jewels] as Isabelle
- 1992: Double X: The Name of the Game as Sarah Clutten
- 1992: Covington Cross: The Persecution as Rachel
- 1992: Jeeves and Wooster: Bertie Takes Gussie's Place at Deverill Hall as Gertrude Winkworth
- 1992: Spatz as Donna Edwards
- 1991: Doctor at the Top as Rebecca Stuart-Clark
- 1990: All Creatures Great and Small: Hampered as Angela Mortimor
- 1990: Inspector Wexford: An Unkindness of Ravens as Jane Gardner
- 1989: Families as Mina Sandaval
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chloe — For other uses, see Chloe (disambiguation). Chloe Pronunciation English: /ˈkloʊ.iː/ kloh ee French: [klo.e] Gender Fema … Wikipedia
Kristine Kochanski — Red Dwarf character First appearance The End Last appearance Red Dwarf: Back to Earth (Part Three) Portrayed by Clare Grogan (series 1, 2, 6) Chloë Annett (Series 7, 8, Back to Earth) … Wikipedia
Double X: The Name of the Game — Directed by Shani S. Grewal Produced by Noel Cronin Shani S. Grewal Edward Joffe Written by … Wikipedia
Red Dwarf — This article is about the British comedy franchise. For the type of star, see Red dwarf. Red Dwarf Red Dwarf logo (1988–99) Genre Sitcom Science fiction Black comedy … Wikipedia
Crime Traveller — UK DVD Sleeve Crime Traveller Crime Traveller … Wikipedia
Red Dwarf — Titre original Red Dwarf Genre Série comique, de science fiction Créateur(s) Rob Grant Doug Naylor Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
University Challenge — Infobox Television show name = University Challenge caption = format = Game show picture format = 4:3 (1962–2000) 16:9 (2001–present) runtime = 30 minutes creator = starring = Bamber Gascoigne (ITV) Jeremy Paxman (BBC Two) Angus Deayton (Comic… … Wikipedia
Jeeves and Wooster — Infobox television show name = Jeeves and Wooster caption = Series title card format = comedy runtime = 55 minutes creator = starring = Hugh Laurie Stephen Fry country = UK network = ITV first aired = 22 April 1990 last aired = 20 June 1993 num… … Wikipedia
Clare Grogan — This article is about the actress and singer. For the camogie player, see Claire Grogan (camogie). Clare Grogan Born 17 March 1962 (1962 03 17) (age 49) Glasgow, Scotland Occupation Singer Actress Clare Grogan (born Claire Patricia Grogan … Wikipedia
List of Red Dwarf characters — This is a list of characters from the TV sitcom Red Dwarf. Contents 1 Major characters 2 Alter egos 2.1 Ace Rimmer 2.2 Duane Dibbley … Wikipedia