- Mbeya Region
Mbeya is one of Tanzania's 26 administrative regions. The regional capital is Mbeya. It is bordered to the northwest by Tabora Region, to the northeast by Singida Region, to the East by Iringa Region, to the South by Zambia and Malawi and to the West by Rukwa Region. Mbeya Region is occupied by several different ethnic groups including the Nyakyusa, Ndali, Nyiha, Nyamwanga, Safwa, Malila, Vwanji (or Wanji), Bungu, Sangu, Wanda and Sichela.
According to the 2002 Tanzania National Census, the population of the Mbeya Region was 2,070,046.
The Regional Commissioner for the Mbeya Region is John Livingstone Mwakipesile.
- Mbeya Region Homepage for the 2002 Tanzania National Census
- Tanzanian Government Directory Database
- Accommodation and Activities in Mbeya Region
- ^ "2002 Population and Housing Census". Tanzania Sensa. 2002. Archived from the original on June 10, 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070610162106/http://www.tanzania.go.tz/census/census/mbeya.htm. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- ^ "Regional Commissioners". Tanzania Government. 2011. http://www.pmoralg.go.tz/menu-data/about-us/levels/rcs/regional-commissioners-3.php. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
Regions of Tanzania
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.