- Obalende Suya Express Restaurant
Obalende Suya Express Restaurant information Established 1991 Street address 43 Peckham High Street, Peckham
523 Kingsland Road, Dalston, Hackney
City London Country United Kingdom Coordinates Website Website
Obalende Suya Express, Obalende Suya or Suya Express  is a Nigerian restaurant in London, England. The restaurant has two branches, one, a takeaway located 43 Peckham High Street, Peckham, not far west from Peckham Library and a restaurant located at 523 Kingsland Road in Dalston, Hackney. It is named after Obalende, a neighborhood on Lagos Island in Lagos, Nigeria and suya, a grilled kebab like dish, popular in Nigeria. The restaurant was founded in the summer of 1987 and opened its first branch in 1991, opening the Peckham High Street outlet in the summer of 1992.
The restaurant is popular amongst the African nationals and serves African and Caribbean cuisine. The restaurant serves a variety of grilled meats, various lamb, chicken, beef and goat dishes and more exotic meats such as crocodile and shark. The restaurant also has some interesting starter dishes, including stewed snails with onions and pepper rings. Another popular London African Restaurant is Mama Cass Nigerian Restaurant in London.
London Eating, a restaurant review website says of the Obalende Suya, "the suya is the best you can get in London, authentic, very fresh, made right in front of you. The downside is that it takes a long time before you get your order and the asaro sells out in no time at all".The motto of its takeway is, "We don't sell fast food, we sell good food fast!".
- ^ a b "Obalende Suya Express". ilka Media. http://www.ilkamedia.com/Suya%20Express/ObalendeSuya_pressrelease.pdf. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ^ "Welcome to Suya Express". Suya Express. http://suyaexpress.com/. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ^ "Obalende Suya Peckham". Restaurant Guide. http://www.restaurant-guide.com/obalende-suya-peckham.htm. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ^ "Obalende Suya". London Eating. http://www.london-eating.co.uk/2819.htm. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.