- Nada Surf discography
Nada Surf discography Releases ↙Studio albums 6 ↙EPs 2 ↙Singles 13
The discography of Nada Surf, a New York-based alternative rock group, consists of five studio albums, thirteen singles and one extended plays (EP). Nada Surf was formed in 1992 and consists of Matthew Caws (guitar, vocals), Ira Elliot (drums, backup vocals) and Daniel Lorca (bass, backup vocals).
Year Album details Peak chart positions US
1996 High/Low 63 — 36 37 — 31 1998 The Proximity Effect — — — 45 — — 2002 Let Go — 31 — 32 — — 2005 The Weight Is a Gift 167 15 — 47 — 59 2008 Lucky 82 8 97 41 98 39 2010 If I Had A Hi-Fi
- Released: June 8, 2010
- Label: Mardev Records
- Formats: CD
— — — 153 — 86
Year Title Label 1995 Karmic (EP) No.6 Records (2007 reissue on Hi-Speed Soul Records) 2008 The MySpace Transmissions (digital EP) MySpace Records
Year Title Label 1999 North 6th Street Noneties music 2004 Live in Brussels Labels/EMI France
- "The Plan/Telescope" (1994 - 7")
- "Deeper Well/Pressure Free" (1995 - 7" Deep Elm Records)
- "Popular" (1996)
- "Treehouse" (1996)
- "Deeper Well" (1996)
- "Zen Brain" (1997 - French version, promotional release)
- "Why Are You So Mean to Me?" (1998 - promotional release)
- "Firecracker" (1998 - promotional release)
- "Hyperspace" (1998 - promotional release)
- "Mother's Day" (1998 - promotional release)
- "80 Windows" (1998 - test pressing)
- "The Way You Wear Your Head" (2002)
- "Inside of Love" (2002)
- "Blonde on Blonde" (2002 - 7", promotional release)
- "Hi-Speed Soul" (2003)
- "L'aventurier" (2003)
- "Always Love" (2005)
- "Imaginary Friends" (2005 - promotional release)
- "Blankest Year" (2005 - promotional release)
- "See These Bones" (2007)
- "Whose Authority" (2008)
- "I Like What You Say" (2008)
- "Electrocution" (2010)
- "The Moon Is Calling/You're Going To Miss The Wood" (2011 - Record Store Day 7")
- Where Is My Mind? Tribute to the Pixies (Contributing "Where Is My Mind?") - Glue Factory - 1999
- This Is Next Year: A Brooklyn-Based Compilation (featuring "Blizzard of '77") - Arena Rock Recording Co. - 2001*
- Music from the OC: Mix 2 (featuring "If You Leave" (OMD cover)) - Editing Wea Records - 2004
- Future Soundtrack for America ("Your Legs Grow") - Barsuk - 2004*
- For the Kids Too! ("Meow Meow Lullaby" (compilation track)) - Nettwerk America - 2004
- Love Rocks ("Inside of Love") - Human Rights Campaign/Centaur Entertainment - 2005
- Friends With Benefit, (songs from one One Tree Hill) - contributing "Always Love" - 2006
- John Tucker Must Die: Music from the Motion Picture ("I Like What You Say") - Wind-Up - 2006*
- Rails & Ties ("In the Mirror" (compilation track)) - Milan Records - 2007*
- Heroes: Original Soundtrack ("Weightless") - NBC Universal Television, DVD, Music & Consumer Products Group - 2008
- Nano-Mugen Compilation 2009 ("Weightless") - Ki/oon Records - 2009
* All are non-album versions of each song
Films, games, TV programs and adverts soundtracks
- Nada Surf have been featured several times in the television series One Tree Hill:
- "Inside of Love" was played in season 1 episode 13.
- "Always Love" was played in season 3 episode 3.
- The band make a guest appearance on season 3 episode 11 playing "Concrete Bed" in concert as Peyton (Hilarie Burton) is trying to convince their band manager to agree to be a part of the benefit CD which is later named as "Friends with Benefit".
- "See These Bones", "Here Goes Something", "I Like What You Say" and "The Film Did Not Go 'Round" appeared in season 5 episode 10.
- "Are You Lightning?" was used in season 6 episode 17, which had Matthew Caws as a guest composer for the episode score.
- Nada Surf performed the "Kitty Cat Song" used as the theme tune for the Catz 2006 PC game, officially titled "Meow Meow Lullaby Remix". The song was written by Matthew Caws, Ira Elliot and Daniel Lorca, with additional vocals from Lianne Smith.
- Nada Surf covered The Beatles' classic "All You Need is Love" in 2006. The cover was featured in a Chase Credit Card television commercial in the U.S.
- The song "Blonde on Blonde" from Let Go is featured during the opening and end credits to the 2004 coming of age German film Sommersturm (Summer Storm). "Blonde on Blonde" is also featured in the 2004 John Travolta film, A Love Song for Bobby Long, and in the television series Six Feet Under.
- "What is Your Secret" from The Weight Is a Gift, was featured in "A New Light", episode 3 of the ABC series Six Degrees.
- Nada Surf recorded a cover of the classic 1980s song "If You Leave" by OMD for the television series The O.C. The song played during a prominent scene in which Seth Cohen (Adam Brody) shares an emotional goodbye with Anna Stern (Samaire Armstrong). This scene was a tribute to the John Hughes film Pretty in Pink, in which the OMD version of the song originally appeared.
- Nada Surf songs have been played three times in the television show How I Met Your Mother; "Inside of Love" was featured in the first season, "Always Love" was featured in the twelfth episode of the second season, and "Beautiful Beat" was featured in the closing moments of the twelfth episode of the third season as Ted (Josh Radnor) revisits the bar.
- "Always Love" is featured on the soundtrack to the 2007 film Disturbia.
- "Zen Brain" is featured in the 2001 German film Nichts Bereuen.
- "Hyperspace" is featured in the 2004 German film The Edukators and the 2009 remake of My Bloody Valentine.
- Nada Surf's song "I Like What You Say" is featured in the 2006 film John Tucker Must Die.
- Nada Surf's song "Weightless", from their album Lucky, premiered in the 30th episode (season 2, episode 7, "Out of Time") of the NBC television series Heroes, on November 6, 2007, and will appear on its original soundtrack.
- "The Fox" from Nada Surf's album Lucky is featured in the closing montage of The Riches episode 204 "Slums of Bayou Hills".
- "Happy Kid" is featured in the opening scenes of an episode of Numb3rs entitled "When Worlds Collide".
- Nada Surf play the title track of the Pixies tribute album, Where Is My Mind?.
- Daniel and Matthew went to school at the Lycée Français de New York and also spent time in France and Belgium as children. They have been influenced by French culture, and the band has recorded cover versions of Alain Souchon's song "La p'tite Bill est malade", Indochine's "L'Aventurier", and Françoise Hardy's "Au Fond d'un Rêve Doré"
- Nada Surf covered The Beatles' classic "All You Need is Love" in 2006.
- The band has covered the Stooges song "I'm Sick of You" for the Iggy Pop tribute album, We Will Fall.
- The band covered OMD's "If You Leave" for the Music from the OC: Mix 2 soundtrack album.
- They have covered the song "Blue Moon" for the Big Star tribute.
- Nada Surf covered The Smiths' classic "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" for a BBC6 tribute operation, featuring Ed Harcourt on keyboard. They subsequently included it to their set lists.
- On January 17, 2008, the group covered "Ooh La La" by 1970s rock band Faces during an acoustic show for a local radio station in Hamburg, Germany.
- The band covered the song "Why Are You So Mean To Me?" originally by the band Vitreous Humor.
- They also covered ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION's song Mustang on the Nano-Mugen Compilation 2011.
- ^ "Nada Surf Billboard Albums". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/nada-surf/chart-history/147708. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- ^ "Nada Surf Billboard Independent Albums". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/nada-surf/chart-history/147708?f=326&g=Albums. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- ^ "Nada Surf Belgian Album Charting". Ultratop.be (in French). http://www.ultratop.be/fr/search.asp?search=nada+surf&cat=a. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- ^ "Nada Surf French Album Charting". Lescharts.com (in French). http://lescharts.com/search.asp?search=nada+surf&cat=a. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- ^ "Nada Surf Dutch Album Charting". Dutchcharts.com (in Dutch). http://dutchcharts.nl/search.asp?search=nada+surf&cat=a. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- ^ "Nada Surf Swiss Album Charting". Swisscharts.com. http://swisscharts.com/search.asp?search=nada+surf&cat=a. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nada Surf — Matthew Caws from Nada Surf Background information Origin New York, United States Genres … Wikipedia
One Tree Hill discography — The following is a list of soundtracks that have been released for the TV show One Tree Hill. Contents 1 One Tree Hill 1.1 Track listing 2 Friends with Benefit 2.1 T … Wikipedia
The Jealous Girlfriends — Infobox musical artist Name = The Jealous Girlfriends Img capt = Img size = Background = group or band Origin = Brooklyn, New York, United statesflagicon|USA Years active = 2003 present Genre = Rock Alternative rock Label = Associated acts = URL … Wikipedia
Chris Walla — Background information Birth name Christopher Ryan Walla Born November 2, 1975 (1975 11 02 … Wikipedia
Ozma (band) — Ozma Jose Galvez of Ozma in the foreground Background information Origin Pasadena, California, U.S … Wikipedia
Superdrag — Infobox musical artist Name = Superdrag Img capt = Superdrag circa 2002 Img size = Landscape = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = USA Instrument = Genre = Power pop Indie rock Post grunge Occupation = Years active = 1992 2003 2007… … Wikipedia
Harvey Danger — Infobox musical artist | Name = Harvey Danger Img capt = Img size = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Genre = Indie rock Post grunge Years active = 1992–2001 2004–present Label = Phonographic, Kill Rock Stars Associated acts = URL =… … Wikipedia
Ed Harcourt — Infobox musical artist Name = Ed Harcourt Img capt = Img size = Landscape = Background = solo singer Birth name = Edward Harcourt Smith Alias = Born = birth date and age|1977|8|14 Died = Origin = Lewes, East Sussex, England Instrument = piano,… … Wikipedia
The Long Winters — Infobox musical artist Name = The Long Winters Img capt = Img size = Background = group or band Alias = Origin = Seattle, Washington Genre = Indie rock Years active = 2001 present Label = Barsuk Associated acts = Western State Hurricanes Harvey… … Wikipedia
John Goodmanson — is an American recording engineer and indie rock record producer.elected Discography*Aiden Conviction (album) (Victory) *A Simple Plan Crash and Burn (Lava/Atlantic) * Bikini Kill Reject All American (Kill Rock Stars) *Bikini Kill (Kill Rock… … Wikipedia