- MUSCLE (alignment software)
MUSCLE is often used as a replacement for Clustal, since it typically (but not always) gives better sequence alignments; in addition, MUSCLE is significantly faster than Clustal, especially for larger alignments (Edgar 2004).
- Sequence alignment software
- Geneious Pro includes MUSCLE as part of its all-in-one sequence analysis platform.
- ^ Edgar RC (2004). "MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput". Nucleic Acids Research 32 (5): 1792–97. doi:10.1093/nar/gkh340. PMC 390337. PMID 15034147. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=390337.
- ^ Edgar RC (2004). "MUSCLE: a multiple sequence alignment method with reduced time and space complexity". BMC Bioinformatics 5 (1): 113. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-5-113. PMC 517706. PMID 15318951. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=517706.
_ This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.