- Marquam Hill, Portland, Oregon
Marquam Hill is a populated hill located just south of Downtown Portland, Oregon, United States in the Homestead neighborhood. It is also called Pill Hill because it is home to Oregon Health & Science University, Portland VA Medical Center and Portland Shriners Hospital.
Marquam Hill was named for Philip A. Marquam. It is classed by the United States Geological Survey as a populated place and not as a hill. It is part of the Tualatin Mountains, along with nearby Council Crest and Portland Heights.
- ^ "OHSU tram makes its public debut". Associated Press (KOMO). 2007-01-27. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/5385641.html. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- ^ Frazier, Joseph B. (2007-02-03). "Tram keeps Portland on cutting edge of mass transit". Associated Press (USA Today). http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-02-03-tram_x.htm. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- ^ Brenneman, Kristina (2000-09-29). "Williams rolls down Pill Hill and into classroom". Portland Business Journal. http://portland.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2000/10/02/newscolumn3.html. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- ^ McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) [First published 1928]. Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 611. ISBN 9780875952772. OCLC 53075956.
- ^ "Marquam Hill". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:1136518. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Portland, Oregon — Portland City City of Portland Portland s skyline from the west, with Mount Hood on the left … Wikipedia
Portland (Oregon) — Portland Spitzname: Rose City, P Town, Stumptown, Bridgetown, PDX, Little Beirut, Beertown Portland mit Mount Hood im Hintergrund … Deutsch Wikipedia
South Portland, Portland, Oregon — Neighborhood representation Association South Portland Neighborhood Association Coalition … Wikipedia
Neighborhoods of Portland, Oregon — The sections of Portland. There are 95 officially recognized Portland, Oregon neighborhoods. Each Portland neighborhood is represented by a volunteer based neighborhood association which serves as a liaison between residents of the neighborhood… … Wikipedia
Northwest District, Portland, Oregon — A shot of NW 21st Avenue, including the popular independent film theater, Cinema 21 Neighborhood representation … Wikipedia
Mount Tabor, Portland, Oregon — Coordinates: 45°30′46″N 122°35′33″W / 45.5128968°N 122.5925937°W / 45.5128968; 122.5925937 … Wikipedia
Creston-Kenilworth, Portland, Oregon — Neighborhood representation Association … Wikipedia
Northwest Industrial, Portland, Oregon — Neighborhood representation Association Northwest Industrial Neighborhood Association Coalition Neighbors West/Northwest … Wikipedia
Mill Park, Portland, Oregon — Neighborhood representation Association Mill Park Neighborhood Association Coalition East Portland Neighborhood Office … Wikipedia
North Tabor, Portland, Oregon — North Tabor Neighborhood, Portland, Oregon Neighborhood representation Association North Tabor Neighborhood Association Coalition Southeast Uplift … Wikipedia