- Ministry of Economic Development (New Zealand)
Ministry of Economic Development
Logo of the Ministry of Economic Development Agency overview Jurisdiction New Zealand Headquarters 33 Bowen Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Ministers responsible Hon Gerry Brownlee, Minister for Economic Development, Minister for Energy and Resources, Associate Minister for Rugby World Cup, Minister for Earthquake Recovery
Hon Simon Power, Minister of Commerce
Hon John Key, Minister of Tourism
Hon Steven Joyce, Minister of Communications and Information Technology
Hon John Boscawen, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Associate Minister of Commerce
Hon Maurice Williamson, Minister of Small Business
Hon Murray McCully, Minister of the Rugby World Cup
Agency executive David Smol, Chief Executive Child agencies Companies Office
Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand
Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Ministry of Tourism
National Enforcement Unit
New Zealand Insolvency and Trustee Service
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
The Ministry deals with policy in a wide range of different areas including: energy, communications and the radio spectrum, industry and regional development, intellectual property, consumer issues, tourism, international trade, and the regulatory environment. The Ministry serves nine ministerial portfolios and five associate ministerial portfolios to a total of 11 Ministers and Associate Ministers (some of which have multiple portfolios). It is led by Chief Executive David Smol.
The Ministry is divided into seven branches focussing on specific areas, each with its own deputy secretary:
- Economic Development Policy - Mark Steel;
- Business Services - Neville Harris;
- Competition, Trade & Investment - Andrew Jackson;
- Tourism, Events and Consumer Affairs - Liz MacPherson;
- Energy & Communication - Bruce Parkes;
- Organisational Development and Support - Gaye Searancke; and
- Commercial Solutions - Greg Patchell.
The Ministry also includes the following sub-entities:
- Business Registries Branch which manages the Companies Office;
- Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ);
- New Zealand Insolvency Service;
- Radio Spectrum Management;
- Crown Minerals Group; and
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise which reports to both the Ministry of Economic Development and the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- business.govt.nz - A New Zealand government website that brings together business resources, tools and information to help people start, manage and grow their business.
Name Party Portfolios Hon Gerry Brownlee National Economic Development, Energy and Resources, Associate Minister for Rugby World Cup Hon Simon Power National Commerce Hon John Key National Tourism Hon Steven Joyce National Communications and Information Technology Hon John Boscawen ACT Consumer Affairs Hon Maurice Williamson National Small Business Hon Murray McCully National Rugby World Cup Hon Rodney Hide ACT Regulatory Reform, Associate Minister of Commerce
- Communications in New Zealand
- Copyright law of New Zealand
- Economy of New Zealand
- Energy in New Zealand
- ^ "Insolvency and Trustee Service — Homepage". Ministry of Economic Development. http://www.insolvency.govt.nz/cms. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- ^ "Radio Spectrum Management — Homepage". Ministry of Economic Development. http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- ^ "Crown Minerals — homepage". The Ministry of Economic Development. http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/cms. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ministry of Social Development (New Zealand) — Ministry of Social Development Te Manatū Whakahiato Ora Logo of the Ministry of Social Development Agency over … Wikipedia
Ministry for the Environment (New Zealand) — Ministry for the Environment Manatū Mō Te Taiao Ministry for the Environment logo … Wikipedia
Ministry of Economic Development — may refer to: Ministry of Economic Development (Azerbaijan) Ministry of Economic Development (Colombia) Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (Ethiopia) Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development (Georgia) Federal Ministry of Economic … Wikipedia
New Zealand Ministry of Economic Development — Infobox Government agency agency name = Ministry of Economic Development Manatū Ōhanga logo width = 250 px logo caption = Logo of the Ministry of Economic Development seal width = seal caption = formed = preceding1 = dissolved = superseding =… … Wikipedia
New Zealand electricity market — New Zealand s electricity market is regulated by the Electricity Industry Participation Code administered by the Electricity Authority (NZ). The Authority was established in November 2010 to replace the Electricity Commission (NZ) and its… … Wikipedia
New Zealand free trade agreements — New Zealand … Wikipedia
New Zealand Post — Type State owned enterprise Founded 1987 Headquarters Wellington, New Zealand … Wikipedia
New Zealand Post — New Zealand Post, souvent désignée comme NZPost est une entreprise publique néo zélandaise chargée du service postal. La compagnie est créée le 1er avril 1987 comme une entreprise publique à partir de la transformation en société de la New… … Wikipédia en Français
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (New Zealand) — Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Manatū Aorere Logo of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Agency overview Jurisdiction Promoting New Zealand’s interests in trade and international relations Headquarters 195 … Wikipedia
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise — Agency overview Formed 1 July 2003 Jurisdiction New Zealand Parent agency … Wikipedia