- Cold Case (season 3)
Cold Case Season 3 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 23 Broadcast Original channel CBS Original run September 25, 2005 – May 21, 2006 Season chronology ← Previous
Season three of Cold Case, an American television series, began airing on September 25, 2005 and concluded on May 21, 2006. Season three regular cast members include Kathryn Morris, Danny Pino, John Finn, Thom Barry and Jeremy Ratchford. From episode 8 ownards, Tracie Thoms joins the main cast as Det. Kat Miller.
- Kathryn Morris as Det. Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Det. Scotty Valens
- John Finn as Lt. John Stillman
- Thom Barry as Det. Will Jeffries
- Jeremy Ratchford as Det. Nick Vera
- Sarah Brown as Det. Josie Sutton
- Susan Chuang as Dr. Frannie Ching
- Tracie Thoms as Det. Kat Miller
- Josh Hopkins as ADA Jason Kite
# # Title Directed by Written by Original air date U.S. viewers
47 1 "Family" Mark Pellington Meredith Stiehm September 25, 2005 13.68
The team reopens a 1988 case of a teenage boy who was killed on the same night his daughter was born when she says a man approached her, claiming to be her biological father
48 2 "The Promise" Paris Barclay Veena Cabreros Sud October 2, 2005 16.67
When a father presents photographic evidence that points to his daughter's death as not being accidental, the team reopens the 2004 case of the overweight college freshman who died in a fraternity house fire.
49 3 "Bad Night" Kevin Bray Andrea Newman October 9, 2005 15.88
The 1978 murder of a teenager is reopened after the victim's mother finds a letter suggesting that his death wasn't random, and the team discovers that many of his friends had turned their backs on him shortly before his death.
- Lilly sees the victim and his friend driving by his house whom seconds later avoids the accident that leads to the murder six months later.
- Jeffries has a flashback if he were there with his wife and the truck didn't hit her.
- Song featured in the intro: "American Girl", by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
- Song featured during the proposal: "Come Sail Away" by Styx.
- Song featured in the finale: "Dream On", by Aerosmith.
50 4 "Colors" Paris Barclay Sean Whitesell October 16, 2005 14.15
The team reopens the 1945 case of an African-American baseball player, bludgeoned to death with his own bat.
51 5 "Committed" Alex Zakrzewski Liz W. Garcia October 23, 2005 14.95
When it is discovered that a recently deceased elderly woman had been using someone else's identity for decades, the team reopens the 1954 case of a housewife who was committed to a mental institution for almost burning her son in a house fire.
52 6 "Saving Patrick Bubley" Marcos Siega Tyler Bensinger & Karin Lewicki November 6, 2005 16.62
When a mother of five loses four of her sons to gang violence, Lilly's mission to save the youngest son causes her to reopen her first ever homicide case from 1999.
- Patrick sees his four brothers at the school yard in two states: the day they died and the last time they celebrated Thanksgiving together.
- Lilly sees her first partner in the mirror behind the bar at Joe's, although he is not deceased, as he is viewed as a "ghost from the past".
- Song featured in the intro: "Changes", by 2Pac.
- Song featured in the finale: "Faith in You", by P. M. Dawn.
53 7 "Start-Up" James Whitmore, Jr. Karin Lewicki November 13, 2005 17.42
When a death threat is found on the hard disk of an old computer, the team reopens the 1999 case of a young, healthy woman who died of a heart attack, and discover that she was briefly a millionaire during the dot-com boom.
54 8 "Honor" Paris Barclay Craig Turk November 20, 2005 17.08
When a box filled with POW support bracelets is found in an abandoned drug den, the team reinvestigates the shooting death of a veteran of the Vietnam War who was killed in 1973, a year after he came home from the notorious Hanoi Hilton.
- Lt. Stillman, a fellow Vietnam veteran, sees the victim and they exchange a salute.
- Song featured in the intro: "Rocket Man", by Elton John.
- Song featured in the finale: "If You Could Read My Mind", by Gordon Lightfoot.
- Detective Kat Miller, who worked in Narcotics, joins the Cold Case squad after Stillman became impressed with her assistance with this investigation.
55 9 "A Perfect Day" Roxann Dawson Veena Cabreros Sud November 27, 2005 19.36
When a fisherman finds evidence of a young girl's death washed up onshore in New Jersey, the team reopens the 1965 case of an abused four-year-old child and examine the domestic violence that took place in her family's home.
- Both Lilly and victim's twin sister see her and the twins share an embrace.
- No arrest is made since the killer was already deceased.
- This was the highest rated episode to date for viewers with more than 19 million viewers
- Song featured in the intro: "My Girl", by The Temptations.
- Song featured in the finale: "Catch the Wind", by Donovan
56 10 "Frank's Best" Michael Schultz Andrea Newman December 18, 2005 15.22
The team re-opens the 2001 case of a robbed and murdered deli owner when the brother of the man convicted of the crime brings forth new evidence suggesting the man, who had worked at the deli, may have been wrongfully accused.
57 11 "8 Years" Mark Pellington Meredith Stiehm January 8, 2006 15.95
When the team receives a tip related to a 1988 murder, the team investigates the lives and relationships of the victim and his four close friends when they parted ways after high school in 1980.
- The victim's friend sees him outside the casino where she works.
- All the music featured in this episode is performed by Bruce Springsteen.
- The killer was already deceased and can't be arrested. The killer's murderer is arrested, however.
- Song featured in the intro: "No Surrender", by Bruce Springsteen.
- Song featured in the finale: "One Step Up", by Bruce Springsteen.
58 12 "Detention" Jessica Landaw Liz W. Garcia January 15, 2006 14.60
The suicide of a high school outcast in 1994 is reinvestigated as a murder when a missing piece of his suicide note turns up, indicating that he may have been fearing for his life right before his death.
59 13 "Debut" Tim Hunter Karin Lewicki & Kate Purdy January 29, 2006 16.50
When a local art dealer is named a suspect in his wife's murder, the team reinvestigates the 1968 death of a girl he was escorting to a debutante ball.
60 14 "Dog Day Afternoons" Craig Ross, Jr. Sean Whitesell February 26, 2006 14.56
The case of a female bank teller (Tina Holmes) killed during a robbery in 2000 is reopened when the same bank is robbed again by perpetrators wearing identical masks and equipped with identical weapons as six years earlier.
61 15 "Sanctuary" Alex Zakrzewski Steve Sharlet March 12, 2006 15.05
When a drug dealer that Scotty worked with while undercover is convicted, the 1998 murder of one of his drug mules is reinvestigated.
62 16 "One Night" Nicole Kassell Veena Cabreros Sud March 19, 2006 14.62
When a man who turns himself in for the 1980 murder of a teenager who was buried alive on the night of his prom claims to have struck again, the team reinvestigates the previous case to discover the man's MO to find where his latest victim is buried before it is too late.
63 17 "Superstar" Bill Eagles Patricia A. Fullerton, Craig S. O'Neill & Jason Tracey March 26, 2006 14.64
The team reinvestigates the 1973 case of a murdered college tennis star when the victim's sister presents them evidence that someone had been trying to poison her.
64 18 "Willkommen" Paris Barclay Andrea Newman April 2, 2006 12.27
When a gun is found amongst prop furniture at a local community theater, the team reinvestigates the 2002 murder of a taxi driver who had just been cast for his first role in a musical.
65 19 "Beautiful Little Fool" Kevin Bray Liz W. Garcia April 9, 2006 13.22
The team reopens the 1929 case of a woman found dead in a ravine on Christmas Day when the victim's great-granddaughter asks the team to finally solve the case in order to clear away the dark cloud hovering over her family.
- Lilly sees the victim playing the piano.
- No one is arrested because the murderer is already deceased.
- The murderer's ghost sees his very disappointed grandson.
- The main characters from 1929 all appear as ghosts: the victim's friend appears to the victim's great-granddaughter while the victim's lover appears to his sister, and the victim's famous friend and her dresser both appear to the dresser's grandson.
- The episode title comes from the novel The Great Gatsby. The episode holds many similarities to the novel.
- Song featured in the finale: "300 Flowers" by Allison Miller (as Violet). The piece was composed by Michael A. Levine, specifically for this episode.
66 20 "Death Penalty: Final Appeal" Alex Zakrzewski Sean Whitesell April 24, 2005 13.64
The 1994 case of a raped and murdered sixteen-year-old girl is reopened when Det. Jeffries receives a call from the man who is about to be executed for the murder, who claims that he was set up by one of the detectives who originally worked the case.
67 21 "The Hen House" David Von Ancken Craig Turk April 30, 2006 14.10
The 1945 murder of an ambitious female reporter is reopened when a letter turns up indicating that she was meeting someone at a train station the night when she was murdered.
- Lilly sees the victim looking at her murderer's arrest from a bridge.
- Song featured in the finale: "It Could Happen to You", by Jo Stafford.
68 22 "The River" Craig Ross, Jr. Liz Garcia May 7, 2006 14.61
When a new witness comes forward, Lilly and the team are prompted to reopen the 1984 shooting of a respected and beloved ER doctor whose secret gambling addiction was destroying his family.
69 23 "Joseph" Roxann Dawson Liz W. Garcia & Andrea Newman May 21, 2006 13.09
When a victim's credit card is used a year after his death, Lilly reopens the 2005 case of a counselor at a teens' rehab center who was shot to death two weeks before he was scheduled to testify in a murder case.
- The original murder victim's friend sees him looking over her.
- The misidentified second victim is seen by his foster brother.
- Song featured in the intro: "Float On", by Modest Mouse.
- Song featured in the finale: "Collide", by Howie Day.
- This episode is inspired by and draws heavily on the film Laura (1944 film)
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-09-27. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=092705_03. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-10-04. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=100405_07. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-10-11. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=101105_07. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-10-18. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=101805_06. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-10-25. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=102505_07. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-11-08. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=110805_04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-11-15. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=111505_03. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-11-22. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=112205_09. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-11-29. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=112905_02. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2005-12-20. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=122005_04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "CBS's Places Seconds in Viewers and Key Demos in Atypical Week of Primarily Broadcasts Against Four Nights of Primetime Football". The Futon Critic. January 10, 2010. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20060110cbs01. Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-01-18. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=011806_07. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-01-31. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=013106_07. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-02-28. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=022806_05. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-03-14. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=031406_03. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-03-21. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=032106_04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-03-28. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=032806_02. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-04-04. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=040406_04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-04-11. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=041106_04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-04-18. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=041806_05. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-05-02. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=050206_05. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-05-09. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=050906_02. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- ^ "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. 2006-05-23. http://abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=052306_05. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cold Case (season 1) — Cold Case Season 1 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 23 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 7) — Cold Case Season 7 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 22 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 4) — Cold Case Season 4 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 24 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 6) — Cold Case Season 6 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 23 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 2) — Cold Case Season 2 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 23 … Wikipedia
Cold Case (season 5) — Cold Case Season 5 Country of origin United States No. of episodes 18 Broadcast Original channel CBS … Wikipedia
Cold Case (TV series) — Cold Case Promotional poster Format Police procedural Drama Created by Meredith Stiehm … Wikipedia
Cold Case — infobox television show name = Cold Case caption = Cold Case Logo format = Police procedural picture format = 480i (SDTV), 1080i (HDTV) runtime = approx. 45 minutes creator = Meredith Stiehm theme music composer = Helmut and Franz Vonlichten… … Wikipedia
List of Cold Case episodes — This is an episode list for the CBS television series Cold Case. Seasons one through three and season six comprised 23 hour long episodes each, while season four included an additional episode for a total of 24. Season five comprised the… … Wikipedia
Liste der Cold-Case-Episoden — Diese Liste der Cold Case Episoden enthält alle Episoden der US amerikanischen Krimiserie Cold Case – Kein Opfer ist je vergessen, sortiert nach der US amerikanischen Erstausstrahlung. Zwischen 2003 und 2010 entstanden in sieben Staffeln 156… … Deutsch Wikipedia