- Chris Harker
Chris Harker Member of the Oregon House of Representatives
from the 34th district
Incumbent Assumed office
Preceded by Suzanne Bonamici Personal details Born March, 1954 Political party Democratic
Harker has been married to a teacher for nearly thirty years. They have two children.
Chris Harker founded Cayuse, Inc. in 1994 and is its CEO.
On November 4, 2008, Chris Harker defeated Republican opponent Piotr Kuklinski and was elected to the Oregon House of Representatives with more than twice his opponent's votes. Since taking office Representative Harker has represented communities from Washington County, encompassing parts of Beaverton and unincorporated Washington County. He is currently serving his second term in the Oregon House.
In the 76th Legislative Assembly, Harker serves as Co-Chair of the Joint Legislative Audits and Information Management and Technology Committee, as a member of the House Subcommittee on Higher Education, and as a member of the House Human Services Committee. During the 75th Legislative Assembly, he served as the vice chair of the House Health Care Committee, and as a member of both the House Education Committee and the Joint Ways and Means General Government Subcommittee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Harker has been appointed to these committees:
- Joint Legislative Committee on Audits and Information Management and Technology, Co-Chair
- House Higher Education Subcommittee
- House Human Services Committee
- Joint Ways and Means General Government Subcommittee
- House Education Committee
- House Health Care Committee
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN (1985-1987).
- Ph.D., Human Physiology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1985).
- B.S., Plant Ecology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1977).
- ^ http://www.sos.state.or.us/elections/doc/history/nov42008/results/sr.pdf November 4, 2008 General Election Results - Oregon Secretary of State]
- ^ http://www.leg.state.or.us/servlet/XSLT?URL=members.xml&xslURL=committees.xsl&member-type=representative
- Representative Harker's campaign
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Chris Harker
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Representative Harker's facebook
Members of the Oregon House of Representatives 76th Legislative Assembly (2011-2012)
Speaker of the House: Bruce Hanna (R) / Arnie Roblan (D) • Speaker pro Tempore: Andy Olson (R) / Tina Kotek (D) • Caucus Leaders: Kevin Cameron (R) / Dave Hunt (D)
- Matthew Wand (R)
- Greg Matthews (D)
- Patrick Sheehan (R)
- Mark Johnson (R)
- Gene Whisnant (R)
- Jason Conger (R)
- Mike McLane (R)
- Bill Garrard (R)
- Greg Smith (R)
- Bob Jenson (R)
- John Huffman (R)
- Cliff Bentz (R)
Democratic (30) • Republican (30) • Oregon Legislative Assembly • Oregon House of Representatives • Oregon State Senate
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chris Garrett — Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 38th district Incumbent Assumed office 2009 … Wikipedia
Chris Chivers — Canon Chris Chivers was appointed Vicar of John Keble Church, Mill Hill, in the Diocese of London, in 2010. Born on 16 July 1967, he was educated at Bristol Cathedral School where he was a chori … Wikipedia
74th Oregon Legislative Assembly — Renovations of the Capitol Building during the session Legislative body Oregon Leg … Wikipedia
Oregon legislative elections, 2008 — Elections for the Oregon Legislative Assembly took place in 2008. The Republican and Democratic primary elections were on May 20, 2008, and the general election was held on November 4, 2008. Fifteen of the Oregon State Senate s thirty seats were… … Wikipedia
Oregon Legislative Assembly — For the current session, see Seventy sixth Oregon Legislative Assembly. Oregon Legislative Assembly Type Type Bicameral … Wikipedia
Oregon House of Representatives — Oregon Legislative Assembly Type Type … Wikipedia
Dennis Richardson (politician) — Dennis Richardson Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 4th district Incumbent Assumed office 2003 Preceded by Cheryl Walker Constituency Jackson County … Wikipedia
Dave Hunt (Oregon politician) — Dave Hunt Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 40th District Incumbent Assumed office 2003 Constituency … Wikipedia
Mitch Greenlick — Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 33rd district Incumbent Assumed office January 13, 2003 … Wikipedia
Mike Schaufler — Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 48th district In office 2002 Personal details Born … Wikipedia