- Games Convention Asia
Games Convention Asia is a large
computer game, video game, mobile gameand online gameexhibition and conference held each year in Singapore, and is focused on the Asia-Pacific region.
GC Asia has a games demonstration hall that is open to consumers, and a professional conference running at the same time. The conference is organized as a parallel event to one of the largest such exhibitions in the world,
Games Conventionin Leipzig, Germany, which drew over 200,000 visitors in 2007. Similar events in other countries include E for Allin the United States, which registered over 18,000 visitors in 2007, and Tokyo Game Showin Japan, with about 200,000 people attending.
In 2007 the first Games Convention Asia attracted 70,000 people, as well as over 1,000 developers, professioals and press.
Speakers at the
Games Convention Developers Conference(GCAC) have included Bob Bates, Don Daglow, Michael de Plater, Jason Della Rocca, Joonmo Kwon, Peter Molyneaux, and Cevat Yerli,
* [http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1248059 Yahoo Games Coverage of Conference]
* [http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=17954 E for All Attendance] ]
* [http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=17555 Tokyo Game Show Attendance]
* [http://kotaku.com/5041156/leipzig-gc-sets-new-attendance-record Games Convention attendance]
* [http://www.gc-asia.sg/ GC Asia site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.