- Uncial 051
New Testament manuscripts
papyri • uncials • minuscules • lectionaries
Uncial 051 Name Codex Athous Pantokratoros Text Revelation of John † Date 10th century Script Greek Now at Pantokratoros monastery Size 23 x 18 cm Type mixed Category III
The codex contains incomplete text of Rev 1:1-11:14, 13:2-3, 22:8-14, with a commentary of Andreas's (see Uncial 052), on 92 parchment leaves (23 cm by 18 cm). The text is written in one column per page, 22 lines per page (16.6 by 10.5 cm), in uncial letters. The uncial letters leaned to the right. A commentary is written in cursive letters. It has breathings and accents. The text is divided according to κεφαλαια (rarely numbered) and λογοι.
The manuscript was written in Italy. In 1899 Kirsopp Lake photographed 1 page of it. In 1902 it was thoroughly examined by C. R. Gregory, who partially collated its text. Herman C. Hoskier collated and edited its text in 1929.
- ^ a b c d Aland, Kurt; Barbara Aland; Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.) (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- ^ NA26, p. 654
- ^ Biblia Sacra Vulgata, Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft: Stuttgart 1983, s. 1893.
- ^ "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. http://intf.uni-muenster.de/vmr/NTVMR/ListeHandschriften.php. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- C. R. Gregory, Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes III (Leipzig 1909), pp. 1042-1046.
- Herman C. Hoskier, Concerning The Text of The Apocalypse (London 1929), pp. 2-4.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. http://intf.uni-muenster.de/vmr/NTVMR/ListeHandschriften.php. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Uncial 052 — New Testament manuscripts papyri • uncials • minuscules • lectionaries Uncial 052 Name Codex Athous Pantelejmon Text Revelation of John Date 10th century Scrip … Wikipedia